Thursday, March 3, 2011

Countdown to Cotton Row

So Mom talked me into doing a 5k. It’s always been one of those things that was on my bucket list. I never thought it would come up in 11 weeks! So I started training today. We are doing the Cotton Row Run in Huntsville on May 30th (http://www.roadraceplace.com/races/cotton-row-run-5k-alabama-huntsville/). My plan for week 1
is as follows:

Week 1: Day 1: Walk 5 min; jog 1 min. Repeat 4 times

Day 2: Brisk Walk 20 min.

Day 3: Walk 5 min; Jog 1 min. Repeat 4 x’s

Day 4: Brisk walk 20 min.

Day 5: Walk 5 min; Jog 1 min; Repeat 4x’s

It gets harder, until eventually I am jogging thirty minutes.

As I said, I started today. I began really great…but by the third time my legs felt heavy and I was WEEZY! I got through it though. Gotta have a first day, you know?

Count down to Cotton Row: 88 days

Oh, and to respond to the blasphemous accusations that I am losing:

I don’t know! Because, I have not weighed in this week. It is Dr. Seuss week, which equals me forgetting to weigh in. I will be updating tomorrow with how much I have lost this week and we will just SEE who is doing the wining around here!

Love and losing (of the fat),

Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment