Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oops, that was my bad

Yesterday, my mom, Laura, and Gain Gain (grandmother) came down to visit me for my belated birthday. First, I took them to a local restaurant and forced my mother to fall in love with their mahi mahi tacos. It was pretty cute. "These are so good! Guys, guys, you gotta try this! I've never had mahi mahi like this! Reminds me when I called them Maui Maui."

Laura on left and Michelle on right
Then, I took them hiking at The Preserve. I love this place. It's free and has pretty boulders to walk under and look at (even the graffiti is nice). Admittedly, I was never a scout, so I definitely got us lost, and mom stopped to talk to every person and child we passed, so it took a good two hours. I continued to say,"Not much longer!" having no idea where we were. After about 3 or 4 miles, we finally came to a fairly wide creek and I crossed it using some rocks that were above water. My grandmother asked to go another way, but, of course, I insisted on going this way and that I would help her.

GAIN GAIN!
As we're nearing the the last rock, Gain Gain chatting about something or other, the rock underneath her feet gives and she falls, causing me to slip, but as soon as I got my bearings and I had hold of her, I slipped again and down came Grandma. The entire left side of her body was immersed in water, including her head. All I could see was her lovely perm floating above the water. My mother was screaming,"MAMA! MAMA! SOMEONE GET HER UP! GET HER UP!" but not moving an inch (moral support) and Laura and I dove after her. Thankfully, I still had a hold on her or else she might have cracked her head against a rock.


By the time we got her up, sputtering and all, we were all laughing so hard we were crying (or maybe we were crying first). I felt so bad, but she went on and on about how much she enjoyed it. If you're related to me, this is a daily occurrence.

On another note, tonight, while jogging, I passed a group of people sitting out on a porch and one said, "everytime you pass, I start singing the rocky theme song." I wanted so badly to come up with something clever back, but wheezy wheeze had taken over.

Since I'm not eating chocolate, I've found a new desert that looks delicious. blueberry peach crisp

Love and teddy roosevelt,
MICHELLE

1 comments:

Randall Lott said...

good times

Post a Comment