Tuesday, March 15, 2011

happy birthday, mildred

Heyoooo! So, I'm fairly sure that I've lost another 1.6 pounds, so that's total 21.6, and I have no idea how much of that is towards the competition. Maybe 8 pounds? I really have no idea. Tomorrow I start week 3 of 5k training and I'm slightly nervous. I have to make the jump from 2 minutes jogging to 4, and I'm not so sure I'll be alive this time tomorrow. But alas, we'll see. All for Cotton Row (What is it we're raising money for again? I feel douchey asking that question).

Today is my twenty-second birthday and, admittedly, it was hard typing that. I grew fond of my lovely twenty-one year old status. So far, I haven't eaten anything too terrible. I stuffed my face (literally, there are pictures) with a kabob at the birthday kickball game I shad. It was DELICIOUS. And I brought vegetable chips and dip, so not the worst thing I could have had on my birthday. Kickball was so much fun! Except for the part where a large man literally screamed at us several times to not get on the dirt on the softball field. I was all like,"Yo, we got it!" and he was all like,"I'MA TELL YOU THREE MO TIMES, THEN. STAY OFF THE DIRT!" Along with several more statements about staying off the dirt (we didn't).

Alyssa and I have been housesitting for this family and, since they did say we could have whatever food was in the kitchen, I have found this week to be a tough one. See, at my own apartment, food can be scarce, so it's easy to ration. But here I am in this big ole house attacking the fridge without mercy. I really have no idea how I've lost a pound this week. It makes no sense. As soon as I saw their kitchen all I could think was,"As God is my witness, I will NEVA go Hungry AGAYAIN!" We made velvet cupcakes with homemade blackberry icing and, yeah, I definitely went a tad overboard on the cuppycakes. WHY ARE THEY SO GOOD.

Oh, and I also found a box of chocolate chip cookie brownie mix. Yeah, that's right. It's a cookie. AND IT'S A BROWNIE. How could they do this to me? Didn't they know I gave up chocolate only a week ago? I'm still weak. Still very, very weak. And why on mother earth did I give up chocolate a week before my day of birth? Seriously, Michelle? That was stupid.

Going to the movies tonight after hitting up so fat free frozen yogurt at Yogurt Mountain. I need some good birthday recipes on the real.

Love and kickballs,
MICHELLE

P.s. We're starting a kickball team named Ball Kickers if anyone wants to join.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment