Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Big Mama"

While I am not near as eloquent as my two beautiful daughters, I will attempt to share my problems with weight gain/loss. My parents were both very health conscious, my dad extremely athletic. I grew up believing I was overweight, but when I go back and look at pictures, I would give anything to look like that now. Mom and Dad were really ahead of their time - they kept us busy doing "athletic"things - throwing a frisbee, shooting basketball, playing softball, etc. My brother who is 6'5" never had a weight problem and was the golden-haired child (the star of basketball and baseball, not to mention honor student).
I believe I got my love for food from my Mee-Maw. She was an awesome cook and I can see the "Lard" bucket right now in my mind. She believed in having something sweet after every meal. I don't remember there ever being any fruit unless you count fruitcake at Christmas. They did grow watermelons, but I couldn't eat them (yuck).
I have battled weight gain my whole life and need support as well. Let's all get together and help each other through this journey. I know they say the formula is easy - burn off more calories than you eat, but it's easier said than done when you have to work and by the time you get home, you are exhausted. Working out in the morning is out of the question as I have to be at work at 6:30.
Right now, I am working out at the wellness center and loving Zumba classes. It's my favorite. I have the tools, now I just have to get to work. :-)

I AM SO PROUD OF MY TWO BABIES for doing this - you are both amazing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment