Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It Just Got Real, Y'all


Michelle asked me to blog about my top ten favorite songs to work out to, but instead I’m going to vent. (Sorry, shellbug*, I’ll get to the list next time).

Although the competition (that I’m going to win) hasn’t technically started, I’ve been doing this non-diet for about a month. So….

I’ve had a frustratingly, bad day this week. Who hasn’t had bad days? However, couple that with bad choices here and there…and that leads to either weight gain or no weight loss at all.

That’s what I do. I let life’s little problems (and let’s be honest, they may be annoying and dramatic at the time, but they are insignificant in the long run) get in the way of real change. I could lay blame on a variety of different places, but in the end, I am the only thing standing in the way of me.

Aaaand, I just sounded like a Grey’s Anatomy episode.

So, how do I stop myself?

Pray? Slap myself? Tell myself to get over it?

Or do I just give up completely? Being honest, usually this would be the point in the “diet” where I would give up. Throw up my hands and scream “WORLD, YOU WIN!.”

Except this isn’t a Grey’s Anatomy episode. Bad days happen, good days happen, and amazing days happen and this episode doesn’t end at the sixty minute mark. So, I am not going to stop just because life got annoying for a day. It will be annoying again, but by taking care of myself, I’ve learned that I can make those days better.

In order to do that, sometimes you just have to admit your mistakes and move on. My mistakes being that I made delicious corn flake cookies (like rice crispy treats, but with corn flakes and peanut butter), I went overboard at the Stupid Bowl, and I missed a workout.

There. There it is. Now I’m going to pick myself up and get back on that metaphorical horse.

Also, Michelle has lost 8 lbs, so she is bringing her A-game. What’s a letter better than “A”? I’m bringing that.

Laura

*Michelle’s nickname since she was little. I still call her that even though she’s in college.

4 comments:

The Macons said...

OK look "2legit" ... I got nothing. Go try that soup on my blog. For real it is very healthy and makes 5 servings! we are having it again tomorrow! You are welcome for the shoutout!

The Macons said...

Eeeek soory, meant for this to go on the before post ;) Go try the soup though!

2legit2quit said...

i'm going to ignore the incredibly insensitive comment from above and say that...i know how you're feeling and i know it's hard. but we can do this, competish or not. bring your A++ game

2legit2quit said...

and sarah, just kidding about being insensitive (OR WAS I?!)

Post a Comment