Saturday, February 5, 2011

This is Just My Motivation...Running Away With Me!


“Always a bridesmaids, never a bride.” “Three times a bridesmaid….” Blah, blah, blah.

This June will mark the third time I have the privilege of standing up and supporting a great friend in her wedding. My fourth time will be next year. I don’t believe in the stupid sayings, because unlike most people, I love weddings! I love the tradition and the love that goes into this day that represents these two people who are (hopefully) made for each other. And a great reception doesn’t hurt either

Although this day is so far from being about me, let me be truthful in saying that I am, as of right now, making it about me. Mostly because I do not want to stick out like a sore thumb on the best day of my friend’s life.

I’ve always been a “big girl”-- A term I hate. There are currently no terms that could describe me that I would say I love (“heavy” would be another one). Right now, I look like the “big girl” in the beautiful bridesmaid dress. All the other bridesmaids are cute and tiny, like little Tinker Bells. I’m going to look like the Jolly Green next to them.

So, this is my motivation---to NOT look like a Jolly Giant next to all the cute, petite fairies around me. Yes, I want to ultimately be healthy and live a long life. But I reeeeallly want to look good in that dress. I have to take one step at a time or I tend to burn out. Believe me when I say this—I have been on diets since I have been in 6th grade and when they would tell me how much I needed to lose in the long run, I probably gave up then and there. The wedding is my short term goal. After June 25th, we’ll see what happens next.

I’m not on any kind of specific diet, per se. I’m writing down everything I eat. I’m exercising (which is a big deal for me). I’m cooking at home and not eating out a lot (let it be known that I’m probably a wee bit addicted to fast food). What’s most important is that I have help. I’m not an “ask for help” kind of person, but I’m working out with friends, which is so much more fun than by yourself. Oh, and this awesome blog that my sister came up with and asked me to co-author.

HOT BRIDESMAID DRESS, HERE I COME!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment