Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superrrrbowl!

Happy Super Bowl the (what number is it?)! Somehow, I woke up at around 8:30 this morning and, for anyone who knows me well, this is not something I ever accomplish. And I'm also extremely awake! I think I've had this much energy before...when I was 9.

As I'm sure most people in America are, I am going to a Super Bowl get togetha, and the food of course will not exactly be at the top of a Weight Watchers list. So, I've devised a little plan for today so that I can still eat the food I want tonight. So far, for breakfast, I've had half of a delicious blueberry bagel. Now, normally, if you eat the entire bagel (at least this brand), it's around 270 caloriese and, since I HAVE to have cream cheese, it'll be almost 300. This normally isn't a very big deal, but since I do plan on eating Super Bowl food tonight, I have to keep it light (it even rhymes). Half the bagel is obviously 140, and then I had half a tbsp. of cream cheese (the serving size is 2 tbsp. 30 calories). Then, the most tasty part, I had a yoplait light white chocolate strawberry yogurt. SO GOOD. So, instead of almost 400 calories, I've topped out at 250 for the morning.

Since I have to work, I won't get to snack, so I've planned to have a light lunch at work and wait it out until tonight. The last time I watched the Super Bowl, Janet Jackson showed her nickels*. I was at my youth pastor's house...you can probably see how awkward this was.

Last night, Laura sent me an awesome looking recipe from Food Librarian called the Basque Potato Tortilla. Since it was taken from a book, I had to google the actual recipe and, though I'm sure it still may be different, it's as close as I've got at the moment. I'll definitely save more on that for later when I actually make it, but I felt it necessary to go ahead and share it. Let me know if you make it before I do!

Laura and I came up with the idea of making our weight loss a contest. We couldn't figure out a prize, though...maybe you could! Leave us a comment or send us a message on facebook and let us know. The best idea we had was $100...not a nail biter, right?

Have a good Super Bowl Sunday and pray for me as I try not to eat my weight in chips and dip (or burgers, fries, wings, pigs in a blanket, other various football food). I'll mostly be watching for the commercials (and the girl from Glee).



*Nickels is obviously the replacement for...no, I can't say it. It rhymes with ripple. And I absolutely hate the word. HATE IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment