Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Fat Strikes Back

So, it's time for some discouragement issues. I haven't lost any more poundage. I've been mentioning this to various people who have shown a lot of support and simply give me tips to get through it, but I have found myself unmotivated once again. I haven't eaten an entire gallon of ice cream, yet, so hope is not lost. My friend, Erin, told to weigh myself once a month so that I don't get discouraged so quickly, but this idea makes me a bit nervous. I like to know if what I'm doing is successful, and how can I know if I wait an entire month? But, then again, this might be a better idea seeing as how I'm basically proving her theory by being discouraged right now.

This morning, I made an egg white omelet with these eggs that Alyssa brought home. Apparently, her boss at the barn she works at (she works with dem horses, ya'll) has chickens and she was having too many eggs. I was a bit apprehensive since, well, eggs are supposed to come from a store, right? RIGHT? But, they actually turned out quite nicely and I enjoyed my free chicken eggs.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the advice to eat whenever I feel hungry was what made me not lose weight. I didn't overeat, mind you, but I ate a little something. I hear that this makes your metabolism faster, but when I wasn't doing that the first two weeks, I actually lost weight. Confusing this all is, people. Confusing. So, if there's anyone out there knowing a good answer, let me know.I burned 800 calories at the gym, and still I am no pound less.

I suppose this means I'm losing the competish so far. I hope Laura worked her buisnass off last week. Someone should have at least lost something, right?

Love and chick flicks,
MICHELLE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could weigh yourself once a week. And remember, you aren't one of those people on a weight loss commercial. That shit isn't real. You can't loose 50 pounds in 3 months. It's not healthy. It may take a while to see real results, but it will so be worth it!

Mom said...

Robin is right. Those people on The Biggest Loser are on the ranch for 4-6 months and that is it for them - their job, their life, etc. The only thing I would check on is "eating when you are hungry." You may not actually be hungry - you might be thirsty (yes I know you said you drink tons of water, but....). I would eat 3 healthy meals, plus 2 healthy snacks and that's it. Drink hot tea after 7:00 p.m. if you are craving. You're doing a great job - do NOT give up! I love you!!!!

Post a Comment