Monday, February 28, 2011

Only Gets Better With Age

Hello there, I thought I would write about someone close to my heart - my Mom. Saturday the 26th of Feb was her birthday. I won't reveal her age, but I will tell you she certainly doesn't look it. The reason? Healthy living and a very active lifestyle. She can outwalk us all over Birmingham I can promise you that.

A few years ago, Mom got totally off sweets because her triglycerides were a little high. She looks amazing - She also works out at the gym Monday through Friday for an hour and a half - she can even get in there with the muscleheads and lift weights. She eats lots of vegetables, whole grains, no fast food and lots of water or tea and she's HAPPY! She made up her mind to be happy and healthy and that is what she is.

We can all be there on the same plane as my Mama. No excuses....just willpower!

Love and gracefully aging, Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment